I delight in your decrees; I will not neglect your word…Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path…All your words are true; all your righteous laws are eternal. Psalm 119:16, 105, 160 (NIV)
Because the Scriptures are foundational to our lives as Christians, we offer many avenues for us to learn and ingest the Scriptures so that we may live every day in the truth and power of God’s Word. We offer teaching and training for all ages, from young children to senior citizens. We would love for you to take advantage of the opportunity to learn with us and to use your gifts to help others learn.
Sunday Discipleship Hour (9:45 A.M.-10:45 A.M. September – June)
We offer age-appropriate classes for children and youth. Sunday School classes for children meet on the first and second floors of the Christian Education Building. High schoolers meet in small groups that are age and gender specific to hear and discuss God’s word. We also offer a variety of learning opportunities during the Sunday School hour for university students and residents. The format, subject, and style of the classes vary but the end result is discipleship that leads us to be more like Christ.
- University Fellowship | Room 10 (Good Shepherd Room) | A community of university students of all stages gathers each Sunday for connection and growth together and builds on those connections throughout the week. This semester, University Fellowship will be studying ‘Crazy Ezekiel’ together.
- Kaleidoscope | Community Room | An adult discipleship group that covers a range of topics relating to the Christian life in multi-week series throughout the year. Fall schedule:
- Worship in an Age of Anxiety with Michael Jordan | September 10-17, October 1
- Stories of Faith with several HWC attenders
- Leadership Ethics with Alex Wright
- Stakeholder Shock with Alex Wright
- God’s First Language: Psalm 23, Prayer, and Times of Trial with Jim Zoller
- And more!
- The Chosen | Margaret Wynn Conference Room | Watch and discuss the series The Chosen with others.
- Moms that Pray | Room 6 | Join other moms in prayer for our community, church, and world in one of the most enduring groups in HWC’s history.
- Exposition | Room 9 | Dr. Paul Young leads this long-standing discipleship group through the book of Acts.
- Devotional Classics | Room 11 | Read and reflect on excellent, historically timeless devotional books together. This fall, Devotional Classics is studying God in My Everything by Ken Shigematsu.
- Women of the Word | Room 7 | Gather with other women to read and discuss Jen Wilkin’s “Women of the Word” in community.
- Coffee & Connections | Room 105 | A time for intentional fellowship over coffee for parents.