- Exalting God joyfully,
- Knowing God intimately,
- Serving one another wholeheartedly,
- Sharing Christ’s love locally and globally
At HWC we believe that our students are not the future of the church, rather, they ARE the church… each individual is a critically necessary component of what God has called Houghton Wesleyan Church to do and be in this time and place.
For High School Ministries (HSM), grades 9-12, and Middle School Ministries (MSM) 7-8th grades, LifeGroups are a safe place where you can feel accepted and cared for…a place where you will find meaningful relationships with other Christians…a place to talk about life, to get help and advice, a place where the Bible is taught each week, and where you will be encouraged to grow in your relationship to Jesus. You should know, however, that growth, intimacy, transparency and forgiveness are not always comfortable. It can be a challenge to live in true community. Let’s push ourselves. Let’s learn to invest in one another. Let’s learn to do life together! Sundays at 6 PM at the church.
Tuesday morning Prayer Breakfast
- Prayer breakfast is currently on “pause” (as of Oct 1, 2021) due to the COVID 19 pandemic. Our plan is to revisit the question at the beginning of each month until we are able to do Prayer breakfast again! Check here for up-to-date information.
Youth Sunday School meets at 9:45am. We’ll be outside on the north lawn in nice weather, and in the youth room, masked, during poor weather.
- Sept 12 – Blue Foam Party
- October 17 – Storm the Heights – 3:33-5:55 – Permission slip & Game play instructions here.
- January 28 – 30 – District Winter Retreat
- May 6-7 – 30 Hour Famine
- May 29 – Youth Service